“Give me a museum and I’ll fill it.” Pablo Picasso
The Musée Picasso Paris was built on the generosity of Pablo Picasso’s heirs and important patrons. Through gifts, donations, inheritances and acceptances in lieu, the national collections have been enriched with masterpieces. The museum’s collection belongs to you, so why not take part in enriching and developing it and sharing it with a global audience?
Contribute to the life of a landmark museum!
Any contribution, no matter how small, will make you part of Musée Picasso Paris’ future and enable the institution to enrich its collections, develop new projects, enhance its programmes and share the great master’s legacy. There are several ways to contribute :
● Monetary donations: donations made in cash (cheque or bank transfer).
● Donations of works of art to the museum’s collections (subject to its acceptance by the museum’s acquisitions commission and, depending on its value, the Conseil artistique des musées nationaux (France’s national museums arts council).
● Donations of ownership retaining usufruct, in which case the property is ceded to the museum only after the death of the donor.
Donations made by private individuals domiciled in France are entitled, under certain conditions, to personal income tax relief equivalent to 66% of the value of the donation (subject to an annual limit of 20% of the individual’s taxable income with the option to carry forward the surplus over the following five years).
● Legacies, in favour of the Musée Picasso Paris, of an artwork to expand the collections or of a sum of money to support the museum.
● Acceptances in lieu constitute an exceptional method of payment allowing the donor to be exempt from tax liability (donations, division of assets, inheritance tax) by donating works of high artistic or historical value to the State. Acceptance in lieu is an effective way for enriching the museum’s collections.
Donations of cash or skills or sponsorship in kind
By supporting the Musée Picasso Paris, you are helping the institution to achieve its ambitions
Exhibitions, acquisitions, education, accessibility and restoration are just some of the objectives we can accomplish together.
Becoming a Musée Picasso Paris sponsor is an opportunity to benefit from a number of advantages and privileges :
● Boost your visibility among a national and international audience
● Raise your company’s profile (visible on communications media)
● Special privileges for visiting a museum whose collections have not been seen in France for over four years
● Private hire of the renovated spaces of the Hôtel Salé for corporate events.
The corporation sponsor tax domiciled in France will then benefit, under certain conditions, of tax relief equivalent to 60% of the donated amount (but no more than 0.5% of its pre-tax revenue, with the option to carry forward the surplus over the following five tax years).
Companies in the European Union can benefit from the tax advantages governing sponsorship in their country (subject to the limits and conditions set forth in the legislation of the country concerned).
Contact our team
Leslie Lechevallier, Sponsorship Manager : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information : http://www.culturecommunication.gouv.fr/Politiques-ministerielles/Mecenat/Qu-est-ce-que-le-mecenat (in French)